Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"For whatever you do, you do to the least of my brethren. I was in my mother's womb, but you took me"

If you recall reading the Bible, Jesus mentioned, "whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you do to me." This quote relates very closely to our Pro-Life belief. Abortion is taking the life of a baby/fetus; the least of Jesus' brethren. Whatever we do to these helpless souls, we do to Jesus. 47,000,000 lives of fetus have been taken through abortion. Although the fetus are physically dead, we believe that life begins at conception and so their souls still live. In Judgment Day, those who decided to give up the lives of a fetus through abortion will be judged by their actions for "I was in my mother's womb, but you took me" They will be judged for what they did to the 47,000,000 fetus.

-Reflection based on the article, "Voting as though 'Judgment Day is on its Way" by Bishop Robert Hermann.

No comments: